Harvey Harvest Festival cancelled amid COVID-19 fears
Organisers have been forced to cancel the iconic Harvey Harvest Festival set to go ahead on Sunday following the medical advice handed down by the Federal Government.
Several other events across the South West have also been cancelled due to COVID-19 fears, such as Bunbury’s Melanoma March and the Mandurah Crab Fest.
The festival is the longest-running harvest festival in the South West, last year attracting more than 14,000 people to the event.
Festival committee president Joe Capogreco said committee members had been discussing whether or not to cancel the event when they heard the Federal Government order to cancel all mass gatherings of 500 or more people from Monday onwards.
“Unfortunately we won’t have a harvest festival this year,” Mr Capogreco said.
“This is a step put in place by the Federal Government to make sure we have all the right checks and balances in place.
“Our focus is now on the festival for 2021.”
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails